This patient health education director-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Patient Health Education Director Hospital Job Responsibilities:
Improves patient health outcomes by promoting healthy behaviors; supporting the recovery process; enabling the patient/family/significant other(s) to be involved in care and care decisions.
Patient Health Education Director Hospital Job Duties:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates patient education programs by conducting needs assessments; consulting with physicians, evaluating departmental and administrative requests; establishing rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand patient education requirements.
- Identifies educational needs of patient/family/significant other(s) by collaborating with attending physicians, department heads, and staff.
- Facilitates learning by gaining understanding of the learners' abilities to learn, cultural and religious practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitations, language barriers, and readiness to learn.
- Encourages participation in decision-making about health care options by facilitating the patient's and patient/family and/or significant other(s) understanding of patient's health status.
- Maximizes care skills by increasing the patient/family/significant other(s) ability to cope with patient's health status/prognosis/outcome.
- Enhances the patient/family/significant other(s) role by promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Selects, adapts, and individualizes patient education information for the patient/family by evaluating available brochures, printed materials, video tapes, and external resources in light of the age, culture, religious practices, and language of the patient/family/significant other(s).
- Documents patient care services by completing charting in patient and department records.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Identifies future patient education requirements by maintaining rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand emerging patient education requirements; identifying community and other resources.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Patient Health Education Director Hospital Skills and Qualifications:
FDA Health Regulations, Patient Services, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Teaching, Planning, Management Proficiency, Job Knowledge, Quality Management
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Patient Health Education Director Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: