This occupational therapy aide sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Occupational Therapy Aide
Occupational Therapy Aide Job Purpose: Helps occupational therapy clients by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment, and materials; helping patients complete occupational therapy assignments.
Occupational Therapy Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares occupational therapy treatment rooms and treatment areas for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for occupational therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, escorting, and/or assisting patients into occupational therapy treatment rooms and treatment areas.
- Provides information and comfort to occupational therapy patients by listening to questions and requests; relaying concerns and questions to occupational therapy assistants and therapists; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by demonstrating the proper use of equipment and occupational therapy routines; helping patients practice techniques, such as, the proper methods of moving from a bed into a wheelchair; helping patients practice the best ways to stretch and limber muscles; monitoring the implementation of the therapy assistants' and therapists' instructions; ensuring that activities are performed correctly.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment areas; positioning equipment for therapist access and patient treatment.
- Ensures operation of occupational therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains occupational therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; completing supply requisitions; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Serves and protects the occupational therapy practice by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances occupational therapy services reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Medical Teamwork, Procedural Skills, Use of Medical Technologies, Bedside Manner, Inventory Control, Organization, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication
Learn more about how to write a job description: