Liaison Nurse - Hospital Job Description
Liaison Nurse Hospital Job Responsibilities:Enhances continuity of patient care by providing liaison between hospital and referring General Practitioners and their staffs.
Liaison Nurse Hospital Job Duties:
- Provides information by responding to queries of General Practitioners and their practice staffs; sorting and distributing messages and documents; answering questions and requests; preparing information for transfer; preparing reports; maintaining databases.
- Keeps general practitioners informed of patient status by monitoring and reporting inpatient admissions; monitoring in-patient progress; following-up on copies of discharge summaries, outpatient letters, emergency department presentations, pathology reports, radiology reports, and other patient information.
- Conserves general practitioners' time by locating and coordinating feedback and information on patients; locating appropriate doctors for discussions with the General Practitioner.
- Enhances general practitioner and staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Helps general practitioners' staffs by investigating difficulties/delays in out-patient departments; resolving issues; facilitating access to care.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing general practitioners' procedures and patient processes; recommending changes.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Contributes to general practitioner/hospital relations program effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances general practitioner relations and h0spital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Liaison Nurse Hospital Skills and Qualifications:Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Hospital Environment, Nursing Skills, Objectivity, Attention to Detail, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Medical Teamwork
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Liaison Nurse Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: