This liaison nurse-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Liaison Nurse Hospital Job Responsibilities:
Enhances continuity of patient care by providing liaison between hospital and referring General Practitioners and their staffs.
Liaison Nurse Hospital Job Duties:
- Provides information by responding to queries of General Practitioners and their practice staffs; sorting and distributing messages and documents; answering questions and requests; preparing information for transfer; preparing reports; maintaining databases.
- Keeps general practitioners informed of patient status by monitoring and reporting inpatient admissions; monitoring in-patient progress; following-up on copies of discharge summaries, outpatient letters, emergency department presentations, pathology reports, radiology reports, and other patient information.
- Conserves general practitioners' time by locating and coordinating feedback and information on patients; locating appropriate doctors for discussions with the General Practitioner.
- Enhances general practitioner and staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Helps general practitioners' staffs by investigating difficulties/delays in out-patient departments; resolving issues; facilitating access to care.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing general practitioners' procedures and patient processes; recommending changes.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Contributes to general practitioner/hospital relations program effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances general practitioner relations and h0spital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Liaison Nurse Hospital Skills and Qualifications:
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Hospital Environment, Nursing Skills, Objectivity, Attention to Detail, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Medical Teamwork
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Liaison Nurse Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: