Liaison Nurse-Home Care Job Description
Liaison Nurse Home Care Job Responsibilities:Enhances continuity of patient care by providing liaison between assigned hospitals, physicians, and home care agency.
Liaison Nurse Home Care Job Duties:
- Transfers patients from hospital to home care services by establishing and maintaining relationships with referring hospitals; consulting with nursing, social services, hospital business office, physical and occupational therapy, and other support services.
- Resolves patient care issues by working one-to-one with Patient Care Managers to standardize patient home care assessments; collecting relevant information; conferring with co-caregivers; assessing patient home-care needs.
- Educates hospital nursing team by attending nursing team meetings; providing orientation/in-service programs concerning home care intake coordination and hospital relations; providing input relating to clinical concerns for individual patients.
- Provides information by responding to queries of hospitals, attending physicians and their practice staffs; sorting and distributing messages and documents; answering questions and requests; preparing information for patient transfer; preparing statistical reports related to referral and intake activities from assigned hospitals; maintaining databases.
- Keeps hospital and attending physician informed of patient status by monitoring and reporting home care services rendered and/or modified; monitoring home care progress; documenting emergency department episodic illness care visits; following-up on out-patient reports, and other patient information; anticipating additional home care services needed, i.e., infusion therapy, wound therapy, physical therapy, psychiatric care and/or other specialty programs.
- Establishes hospital home care policies and procedures by consulting to hospital staff; providing state-of-the-art thinking in home care policies and procedures; facilitating focus groups; surveying public opinion; positioning the agency to serve the hospital constituency.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing home care procedures and patient progress; recommending changes in home care and out-patient services.
- Serves and protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and professional and licensing standards.
- Contributes to home care program effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances home care agency (service) reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Liaison Nurse Home Care Skills and Qualifications:Administering Medication, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Nursing Skills, Bedside Manner, Verbal Communication, Listening, Confidentiality, Dependability, Emotional Control, Medical Teamwork
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Liaison Nurse Home Care Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how the hiring process: