Liaison Nurse-Home Care Job Description
This liaison nurse-home care sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Liaison Nurse Home Care Job Responsibilities:
Enhances continuity of patient care by providing liaison between assigned hospitals, physicians, and home care agency.
Liaison Nurse Home Care Job Duties:
- Transfers patients from hospital to home care services by establishing and maintaining relationships with referring hospitals; consulting with nursing, social services, hospital business office, physical and occupational therapy, and other support services.
- Resolves patient care issues by working one-to-one with Patient Care Managers to standardize patient home care assessments; collecting relevant information; conferring with co-caregivers; assessing patient home-care needs.
- Educates hospital nursing team by attending nursing team meetings; providing orientation/in-service programs concerning home care intake coordination and hospital relations; providing input relating to clinical concerns for individual patients.
- Provides information by responding to queries of hospitals, attending physicians and their practice staffs; sorting and distributing messages and documents; answering questions and requests; preparing information for patient transfer; preparing statistical reports related to referral and intake activities from assigned hospitals; maintaining databases.
- Keeps hospital and attending physician informed of patient status by monitoring and reporting home care services rendered and/or modified; monitoring home care progress; documenting emergency department episodic illness care visits; following-up on out-patient reports, and other patient information; anticipating additional home care services needed, i.e., infusion therapy, wound therapy, physical therapy, psychiatric care and/or other specialty programs.
- Establishes hospital home care policies and procedures by consulting to hospital staff; providing state-of-the-art thinking in home care policies and procedures; facilitating focus groups; surveying public opinion; positioning the agency to serve the hospital constituency.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing home care procedures and patient progress; recommending changes in home care and out-patient services.
- Serves and protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and professional and licensing standards.
- Contributes to home care program effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances home care agency (service) reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Liaison Nurse Home Care Skills and Qualifications:
Administering Medication, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Nursing Skills, Bedside Manner, Verbal Communication, Listening, Confidentiality, Dependability, Emotional Control, Medical Teamwork
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Liaison Nurse Home Care Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how the hiring process: