This communications supervisor-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Communications Supervisor - Hospital
Communications Supervisor - Hospital Job Purpose: Provides communications services by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring communications work process.
Communications Supervisor - Hospital Job Duties:
- Accomplishes communications human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets communications operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets communications financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Monitors services by maintaining records for the communication center; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides physician answering services by receiving, forwarding, and recording operations.
- Facilitates inter- and intra-department telephone calls by maintaining telephone directories.
- Maintains beeper system by by compiling data, making changes.
- Responds to emergencies by activating emergency notification systems; dispatching helicopters; contacting cardiac, burn, trauma, and other special teams; notifying security, fire, and police; initiating disaster plan call list.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the hospital by complying with, and influencing the development of, legal and accreditation requirements.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes communications and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Communication Processes, Internal Communications, Developing Budgets, Supervision, Self-Motivated, Staffing, Process Improvement, Hospital Environment, Verbal Communication, Crisis Management, Desktop Publishing Skills
Learn more and recruiting and hiring: