This admissions manager-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Admissions Manager-Hospital
Admissions Manager - Hospital Job Purpose: Admits patients by managing the admissions process; providing revenue information and commentary; identifying admissions trends; providing admissions function interface within the hospital; controlling financial, reimbursement, and other supporting systems.
Admissions Manager - Hospital Job Duties:
- Accomplishes admissions human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves admissions operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets admissions financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maximizes revenues by providing information and commentary pertinent to administrative deliberations on short-term and long-range patient-pay and third-party reimbursement issues; recommending options; implementing revenue-generating programs.
- Accomplishes high bed occupancy by designing, establishing, and maintaining procedures and policies to assure high bed occupancy and control bed availability and patient traffic.
- Prevents admissions conflicts by conferring with physicians on admissions priorities and bed availability; identifying issues needing resolution; resolving disagreements/conflicts or referring issues to others in a position to decide.
- Assures accuracy of patient data and fiscal information by reviewing audits and other reports of patient data and fiscal information.
- Identifies pertinent admitting trends by maintaining various categories of utilization statistical data within internal reporting systems.
- Keeps patients, relatives, visitors, and admitting staff informed by interpreting and communicating admitting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Enhances patient care delivery system by providing admissions function interface with the nursing and professional staff; coordinating admissions functions with the emergency room, maternity, out-patient clinic registration, outpatient surgery, and other special care units; controlling bed reservations systems, financial reimbursement, and other supporting systems.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Identifies current and future patient admissions requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the hospital's goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Health Care Administration, Patient Services, FDA Health Regulations, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Managing Processes, Foster Teamwork, Staffing, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Quality Management
Learn more about how the hiring process: